- Protecting your personal information
Personal information refers to information or opinions about, or from a person who is identified, or who can reasonably be identified from that information. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the confidentiality of the information we collect, store and disclose. We take all reasonable steps to keep your information secure with appropriate safeguards, including password protection and controlled access, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.10FT.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is 10FT Ltd, incorporated in England and Wales under company registration number 09556709 at 1st Floor, Packwood House, Guild Street, Stratford-Upon-Avon CV37 6RP.
- Why we collect information
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, including more effective responses to requests, improvement of the services we provide, customising your experience, maintaining security, maintaining business records for audits and reporting obligations and compliance with legal or regulatory requirements.
- Information we collect
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and occupation.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your location, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system;
- information about your visit, including the pages on our site that your visit, page response times and page interaction information.
- How we use information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Retaining and disclosing information
We hold on to your information only for as long as necessary, after which we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it. We only disclose your information with trusted partners for the purpose, or related purpose it was collected. When requested or required, we may be obliged to share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of 10FT Ltd, our customers, or others. On occasion we use external organisations to manage our data and some are outside the European Economic Area. Your information will only be shared with third parties who have a commitment to maintaining security and confidentiality and only in connection with our services.
- Access to information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is accurate and you are entitled to access the information we hold about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated: 24 June 2020